- Attraction scripts are available in large font and embossed braille at Guest Services within Universal Studios Hollywood.
- Many attractions at Universal Studios Hollywood can accommodate a guest with a white cane or provide a place to store the cane in the ride vehicle. The cane may need to be collapsed on some attractions. On attractions where a cane could become lost due to ride forces and present a potential hazard to other guests, the Attraction Attendant will hold the cane for the guest once he or she is seated. The Attendant will have the white cane available as soon as the attraction vehicle is stopped in the unload area.
Available Assistance Around Universal Studios Hollywood™
- Assistive listening devices for the hearing impaired are provided at Guest Relations free of charge. For guests with mild to moderate hearing loss, amplified handsets are provided at all phone locations.
Additionally, with one week notice sign language interpreting services will be made available in Universal Studios Hollywood at no charge. To arrange for sign language interpreting services, please click here to contact Guest Relations.
- For your enjoyment and convenience, Universal Studios Hollywood’s shopping and dining facilities are wheelchair accessible. Our outdoor stage shows also have areas reserved for guests with disabilities. These areas are clearly marked with the International Symbol of Accessibility.
- Strollers, wheelchairs, and Electric Convenience Vehicles (ECVs)are available for rent just inside the park across from the Universal Studios Store. The rental fees are:
- Wheelchairs – $15
- ECVs – $60
- There is a $25.00 refundable deposit fee for wheelchair rentals.
- Due to limited numbers, please note that ECV rentals are on a first-come, first-served basis and must be operated by a single person 18 years of age or older.
- All queues are accessible to guests using wheelchairs. If you are capable of transferring to the ride vehicle’s seating, either by yourself or with the assistance of another person in your party, you may transfer. Certain attractions are capable of allowing guests to remain in their standard wheelchair throughout. For a list of all attractions’ requirements and accommodations, please see the Rider’s Guide for Rider Safety and Guests with Disabilities.
- We apologize that due to dramatic movement, none of the ride vehicles at Universal Studios Hollywood™ can accommodate Electric Convenience Vehicles (ECVs) or electric wheelchairs. At rides that can accommodate standard wheelchairs, guests may transfer from their ECV or electric wheelchair into a standard wheelchair, which can be provided.
- Before boarding certain attractions, guests with prosthetic arms or hands are required to ensure the limb is properly attached and be able to grasp the ride restraint. Certain hand, arm, leg, and joint elements may be required to ride safely.
- Guests must remove prosthetic legs or feet before riding Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™ to prevent hazards or loss due to ride forces.
Service Animals in the Park
Service Animals are welcome in all of our restaurant and merchandise locations, attraction queues and most other locations throughout Universal Studios Hollywood.
Additionally, there are specific entry/boarding requirements for each attraction to assist the service animal’s owner in making an informed decision about their animal’s safe admission. Please consult the listing for each ride and attraction in our Rider’s Guide for Rider Safety and Guests with Disabilities or our designated entrance signs for more information.
Oxygen Tanks in the Park
Oxygen tanks can be brought with you at some of our shows and attractions. However, due to the dramatic movement of the ride vehicles and certain flame effects at Universal Studios Hollywood, oxygen tanks are not permitted at the following locations:
- Lower Lot:
- Revenge of the Mummy℠ – The Ride
- Jurassic Park® – The Ride
- Transformers™: The Ride-3D
- Upper Lot:
- Studio Tour™
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™
- Flight of the Hippogriff™
- Shrek 4-D (Allowed in stationary seating only)
- The Simpsons Ride™
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
- Silly Swirly Fun Ride
For these attractions, please see team member at the attraction entrance for assistance.