The best way to find out about future auditions is to follow us on Twitter @ushauditions. We tweet live updates as soon as new auditions are announced. Also, if you would like to be added to our mailing list please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know and we will be happy to add you.
2. What is the age requirement to audition?
You must be 18 years or older by the date of the audition to be eligible.
3. Does Universal Studios Hollywood hold any auditions outside of Los Angeles, CA?
At this time Universal Studios Hollywood only holds auditions in Los Angeles, CA and all candidates must be able to audition in person, during a scheduled audition time, to be eligible.
4. Am I eligible to audition if I am not a United States citizen?
In order to be eligible to audition and be employed at Universal Studios Hollywood you must have documentation establishing your eligibility to be legally employed in the United States.
5. Does Universal Studios Hollywood sponsor visas?
Universal Studios Hollywood does not sponsor visas. You must have appropriate documentation to be employed in the United States at the time of audition.
6. If I am not able to make the scheduled audition date and time do you accept video auditions?
All candidates must be able to audition in person, in Los Angeles CA, during an available audition appointment time. We are not able to accept video or Skype auditions at this time.
7. What should I wear to the audition?
Please come dressed in comfortable, clothing that you can move in. We prefer that you do not come dressed in costume, heavy makeup or wig. If you are attending a dance audition please bring dance shoes.
8. If I am auditioning as a stilt walker do I need to bring my own stilts?
There is no need for you to bring your own stilts to a stilt audition. Stilts and knee pads will be provided.
9. Is a headshot and resume required in order to audition?
Although we prefer a current headshot and resume for each audition, you will still be able to audition without one.
10. Do I need an agent to audition?
Universal Studios Hollywood does not cast through outside agencies for its performer positions. All casting is completed through our audition process.
11. How can I audition to be a stunt performer at WaterWorld?
All of our stunt performers are employees of a third party vendor, Action Horizons. Universal Studios does not conduct any auditions for stunt roles, as Action Horizons conducts their own auditions. If you are interested in auditioning for WaterWorld, or any future stunt roles, please visit the Action horizons website at www.actionhorizonsstunts.com for more information.
12. If I am auditioning for a dancer role do I need to have choreography prepared?
You do not need to have any choreography prepared for our dancer auditions. We will teach you the routine as a large group and then have you perform it in smaller groups.
13. What do you mean by a “cartoon character”?
A cartoon character is a performer who wears a full body costume to represent a specific personality from one of our movies or TV shows. Cartoon characters are also sometimes known as Fuzzies, Animated Characters or Costumed Characters. Some examples of Cartoon Characters that we currently have in the park are Curious George, SpongeBob, and Shrek.
14. Do you cast for film and television?
The Universal Studios Hollywood casting department only casts for performance roles in the Theme Park. We do not cast for film and television.
15. How can I find more information about other employment opportunities at Universal Studios Hollywood?
Universal Studios Hollywood is constantly seeking talented individuals. Our professional positions are posted at www.nbcunicareers.com and our front line Theme Park positions are posted at www.ushjobs.com.